Ahoy Mateys! Did you get a chance to check out the Tall Ship Festival this last weekend in San Diego? Well if not here is another chance to see some vintage ships in action. This weekend is the 30th Annual Tall Ships Featival happening in Dana Point.
The Festival is a perfect chance for your little buccaneers to experience the life of a pirate. The Festival will feature 9 ships to explore, a cannon battle, vendors, live music, workshops, Pirates, storytime and much much more! Entrance to the Festival also includes admission to The Ocean Institute, which will also have plenty of activities and entertainment for your little swashbucklers.
Tall Ship Festival
- Friday September 5th Sunset Parade – watch the ships sail into the harbor between 5-7 pm and shop some of the Festival vendors.
- Saturday September 6th and Sunday September 7th -Enjoy the Festival activities and entertainment from 10am to 5pm
- General Admission
- Ocean Institute Members $5 /ages 3 and up
- Non-members $8 /ages 3 and up
*There are other ticket options available such as ship cruises and to be on a ship during the cannon battle, prices vary. All Festival tickets include admission to The Ocean Institute. Click here to purchase your tickets.*
- Parking – parking is free but limited in the harbor. There is other off site parking with free shuttle service. For directions and more parking and shuttle information click here.
If you can’t make the Festival try and make a day to check out all The Ocean Institute has to offer. The Institute is a hands-on marine science center, which of course is a big plus in my book. The Institute is only open to the Public on the weekends. The Harbor also has a nice calm beach perfect for little ones.
Check out the Festival and beautiful Dana Point this weekend.