Today is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. I have some little swashbucklers in my home who are happy to do some pirating today. So this is a fun post about ways to get into today and some freebies.
- Learn to talk like a Pirate!– have some fun and learn Pirate lingo by clicking here.
- Google and Facebook– by going into the languages settings you can actually change both sites to Pirate. For Google go to settings then to change language and scroll through to Pirate. For Facebook go to settings, then to language and it will be with a language, i.e. English(Pirate)
- Pirate Apps
- Jake’s Neverland Pirate School – Join Jake and his friends on missions to become a Neverland Pirate. Click here to download this fun App
- iArrPirate! – turn yourself into a scurvy swashbuckler. Click here to download this fun FREE App for iPhones
- Talking Pirate – help Jack the Pirate escape a tickling attack and play fun games with him. Click here to download this App
- Coloring Pages – here are some FREE printable Pirate coloring pages for kids.
- Krispy Kreme Donuts – Stop by your local Krispy Kreme Donut shop today and Talk Like a Pirate to receive a FREE glazed donut. For anyone brave enough come dressed up and receive a box of a dozen FREE glazed donuts.
- Captain’s Cove Nautical Gifts and Fine Brass – stop by Captain’s Cove in Sea Port Village for fun games, activities, prize wheel, raffle, face painting and more.
- The Escondido Renaissance Faire – The Escondido Renaissance Faire and Pirates in the Park is this weekend, September 20th and 21st. Each day the Faire runs from 10am to 6pm. Adult entrance is $18, children $8, and ages 4 and under are free. The Faire is located at Felicita Park in Escondido. The Faire features Renaissance food and activities, a children’s area and a Pirate Village.
Hope this helps in celebrating Talk Like a Pirate Day. Now go and have a great day o’ I’ll make ye walk the plank!