Felíz Día De Los Muertos
Today and tomorrow are days of remembrance and celebration in honor of loved ones who are no longer with us in the Mexican culture. There are some great fun and simple ways to celebrate this holiday with your kiddos and to teach them about another cultures traditions. I’m always finding ways to make education fun with my kiddos. I found some great ideas on pinterest and some cool events. So here they and hope they help in your celebrations!
Crafts and Activities
- See the Book of Life – what better reason is there to see this amazing movie.
- Sugar Skull makeup – use makeup and change your or your kiddos face to look like a traditional Sugar Skull.
- Flower crown – these are so gorgeous and can be so fun to make
- Sugar Skull masks – here’s a link to some fun 3D printable masks.
- Crafts and Activities – here is a great link to plenty of crafts and activities.
- Coloring Pages
- Old Town San Diego – visit Old Town San Diego today or tomorrow for their Day of the Dead festivities. There is live entertainment and over 40 alters of remembrance to view. Plus Old Town itself is so full of history and sites to see. Check out the activities and crafts or get your face painted like a sugar skull.
- Downtown Riverside – Día De Los Muertos Celebration is going on near White Park in Downtown Riverside tomorrow Sunday November 2nd. Come watch Aztec Dancers and performance by Ballet Folklórico de Riverside. There will be crafts and activities for kids. Also plenty of traditional food vendors. This FREE event is going on from 1pm to 10pm.
Have a great weekend!