Living in a desert region or coastal means you won’t be seeing much snow this winter unless you plan a trip out to the mountains. The next best thing is snow that is brought in to your area. There is quite a few snow days happening in December and in January. Here are some fun snow play days that I have found.
December Snow Days
Saturday December 13th
- The Shops at Dos Lagos -Come play in 50 tons of snow! The fun begins with a FREE showing of “Frozen” at the Dos Lagos Luxury Theater. Snow play will be from 1pm to 4pm and there will be face painting, crafts, and entertainment going on.
- Hunt Park Winter Wonderland -There will be snow in Riverside this Saturday at Hunt Park. The fun is from 12pm to 4pm and there will be crafts, inflatables, a fun zone and Santa at this Winter Wonderland Event. There is a cost for the fun zone and food.
Friday December 19th
Pennypickle’s Winter Wonderland -Temecula’s Children’s Museum Pennypickle’s Workshop will be hosting a fun winter event complete with snow! Along with the snow there will be booths set up for crafting and activities. There is a minimal cost to this event and tickets can be purchased now in the museum’s gift shop.
On Going Snow
- Holiday Wonderland at Petco Park -Petco Parks special event features an area for snow play and is open on select dates this December. Click on link for full info.
- Legoland Holiday Snow Days -included with general admission guests are invited to snow play, tubing and to decorate a snowman with special Lego accessories. The snow play will be available until January 4th.
- Chill at the Queen Mary -Not exactly snow but still an awesome event made out of ice! Complete with indoor and outdoor slides. This special event is open select dates until January 11th. Click on link for full details.
- SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration -the fun is included with admission to the park. There is reindeers, special shows, holidays lights and decorations, Santa’s cottage and of course snow! Plus save on your purchase of a membership with their special offer of purchasing a 1 year pass and getting the 2nd year FREE or as a special gift pay for one day and get the parks fun card for FREE which will let you into to the park all of 2015 with only a few blackout dates. The Celebration ends January 4th.
January Snow Days
Saturday January 24th
Lake Forest SnowFest -This is a very popular event, bringing thousands of people as a park is filled with snow for sledding and play. Pre-registration is required for sledding, open registration will be on January 9th with select registration dates happening before for residents. Sledding is a cost of $5 per rider but the event itself is FREE to check out. The fun is from 11am until 2:30pm. There will be a children’s snow play area, bounce house and many other attractions. This is a big event for Lake Forest so be sure to check it out!
Saturday January 31st
Fullerton Snow Day -a very special event put on by the City of Fullerton. Come have a special snow day with snowball battles, sledding, crafts, games and more. There will be three 75-foot sled runs and a special sled area for children 5 and under. Family campfires will also be available and snacks such as s’mores will be available for purchase. This event is limited to 900 attendees. Register early and save, there is a cost for this event. Early registration for residents is $12 and for non-residents is $15. Pre-registration is going on now until January 30th, click on link to register.
There is so many snow options I hope you are able to check out a few of them! Happy Snow Days!