Be a #ForceofNature !
REI is constantly encouraging everyone to get outdoors and right now they are helping in the push to show more women as inspiration for this. Force of Nature is a movement that is putting women on forefront in the outdoor community. Apart of this REI has created Force of Nature classes and events geared for women.
Whether you’re an avid explorer or a novice, REI is offering classes, events, and outings to enhance your adventurous side. These events range from night hikes, to learning how to cook while camping, rock climbing lessons, mountain biking, kayaking and standup paddle boarding to learning outdoor survival skills. Best of all some of these events/classes are FREE! While most of these do have a cost, they are reasonable especially for the experience they offer.
To kick off the movement REI is throwing a party! On May 6th at various locations REI will be hosting the Force of Nature Outdoors Women’s Party. This is a great way to connect and meet other outdoor women. There will be speakers, food and lots of opportunities to connect with other Forces of Nature.
To find more classes, outings, events and to register visit REI.com And get out there and explore!
Images courtesy of Great Wolf Lodge
For a limited time take advantage of a great savings deal for the Great Wolf Lodge on Groupon. Book a stay for about 40% off! Some options even include dinning credit which just adds to your savings. What the Groupon entails is a stay for six to eight guests (depending on your room selection) with daily wristbands for the waterpark for the maximum occupants of the room. There are dates available into April, great time to plan a Spring Break trip now!
This deal is only active for a limited time so grab it before it is gone! Below is a link to deals through GWL for future visits.
Enjoy your stay!
Great Wolf Lodge Deals
All images courtesy of Legoland Resorts
You are not reading the title wrong there is a way to get Free tickets to Legoland! Be amoung the first 500 guests to participate in making a human bat-signal this Friday, February 17th in front of the resort and receive a free ticket in return. There will also be a chance to take your photo with the Lego caped crusader, trivia for a chance at some great prizes and of course a fun Lego Batman mask. Registration will begin at 7am on Friday for this event but I can’t say how early people will be lining up. For more information about this event click here for the article on Legoand’s website. Below are some details so you can take part and earn your FREE trip for your family to Legoland California!
Friday February 17, 2017 at 8am (Registration begins at 7am)
Plaza Park Entrance
1 Legoland Dr., Carlsbad CA 92008
- First 500 guests (ages 3 and up) to help with the human bat-signal will receive a FREE return ticket to Legoland
- Photo opportunities with Lego Batman and trivia for a chance at awesome prizes!
Be sure to check out Lego Batman Movie Days while you’re at it! And don’t miss out on the amazing opportunity from Legoland California Resort.
*Disclosure- this is not a giveaway from Cruzin Mama. This is a great opportunity that is through Legoland Resorts, check for all rules and information on legoland.com *
The National Park Service is back with its FREE entrance days for 2017! This year the National Park Service is offer 9 fee free days which are great opportunities to get out and explore. There are 409 parks in the U.S. , 127 of those normally charge an entrance fee ranging from $3-$30. So fee free days are a great way to explore on a budget. Also be sure to visit Find Your Park to see all the events happening in parks nearby.
*Fee free days waive entrance fees, commercial tour fees and transportation fees. Fees for reservations, camping, tours, and fees collected by third parties are not included unless otherwise stated.*
2017 FREE Entrance Days
- February 20th Presidents Day
- April 15-16th and 22nd-23rd National Parks Week (Weekends)
- August 25th National Park Service Birthday
- September 30th National Public Lands Day
- November 11th-12th Veterans Day Weekend
Image courtesy of National Park Foundation
Can’t make any of the fee free day but are planning on visiting multiple parks, then an Annual Pass is what you need. There are actually quite a few different pass options for our National Parks.
- Annual Pass The cost is $80 for this pass. It is available to everyone and can be purchased at a federal recreation site, over the phone (1-888-275-8747 ext. 3) or online.
- Military Annual Pass This pass is FREE to all current members of the United States Military, Reserves and Guards. This pass can only be picked up in person at a Federal recreation site by showing a Common Access Card (CAC) or Military ID (Form 1173).
- 4th Grade Pass Through Every Kid in a Park program all 4th graders are eligible to obtain a FREE Annual Pass. This pass provides free entrance to national parks, forests, and wildlife refuges for the 4th grader as well as all children under 16 years of age in the party and up to three adults. Paper passes accepted only no electronic passes will be honored. Pass is only valid during the school year (September 2015 – August 31st, 2016). For more information and to get the pass visit everykidinapark.gov
For full information on passes and to see all pass options visit nps.gov
California National Parks
- Alcatraz Island – San Francisco
- Cabrillo National Monument – San Diego
- California National Historic Trail – Various locations in California (and in CO,ID,KS,MO,NV,NE,OR,UT,WY)
- César E. Chávez National Monument – Keene (Kern County)
- Channel Islands National Park – Ventura
- Death Valley National Park – Death Valley
- Devils Postpile National Monument – Serra Nevada (near Mammoth Lakes)
- Eugene O’Neill National Historical Site – Danville
- Fort Point National Historic Site – San Francisco
- Golden Gate National Recreation Area – San Francisco
- John Muir National Historic Site – Martinez
- Joshua Tree National Park – Twentynine Palms
- Juan Bautista de Anza National Historic Trail – San Francisco
- Lassen Volcanic National Park – Mineral
- Lava Beds National Monument – Tulelake
- Manzanar National Historic Site – Independence
- Mojave National Preserve – Southern California (between I-15 and I-40; headquarters in Barstow)
- Muir Woods National Monument – Mill Valley
- Old Spanish National Historic Trail – California (AZ,CO,NV,NM,UT)
- Pinnacles National Park – Paicines
- Point Reyes National Seashore – Point Reyes
- Pony Express Historic Trail – California (CO,KS,MO,NE,NV,UT,WY)
- Port Chicago Naval Magazine National Memorial – Concord Naval Weapons Station
- Presidio of San Francisco – San Francisco
- Redwood National And State Parks – Del Norte and Humboldt Counties
- Rosie the Riveter WII Home Front National Historical Park – Richmond
- San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park – San Francisco
- Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area – Thousand Oaks
- Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks – In the southern Sierra Nevada in Tulare and Fresno Counties
- Whiskeytown National Recreation Area – Whiskeytown
- World War II Valor in the Pacific National Monument – California (Honolulu HI, and AK)
- Yosemite National Park – Serra Nevada
Have fun exploring!
Click here to find National Parks outside of California.
Go Green this Black Friday!
The hustle and bustle of the holiday season is here and a day of fresh air could ease the stress of this time of year. California State Parks along with REI are offering just that a day outside away from the shopping crowds with FREE admission to State Parks.
You are being asked to Go Green this Black Friday and Opt Outside and enjoy one of California’s beautiful State Parks. Have you ever visited a State Park before? Well if you haven’t this is a great chance to! Or if you are a regular State Park explorer this is a wonderful opportunity to venture out to a new park. Honestly a great deal on a T.V. is nice or being able to do all your holiday shopping at a discount but with Black Friday now starting earlier and earlier it’s great to see a push for more quality time. Getting out and really seeing the beauty that California has to offer is priceless.
To Go Green is easy just visit greenfriday.org Pick a park you would like to visit and get your ticket for your free entrance. Be sure to hurry as there is a limited number of passes to each park and some a very popular.
Have a great time going green!
All images courtesy of Disney
The ultimate Disney fan experience may not be coming until next July but tickets for this wonderful event have gone in sale now. The D23 Expo will be back in July 2017 and tickets for the event are available now at D23expo.com And if you are a D23 member (which is FREE to join) you can receive special discounted pricing on your tickets! Another bonus you don’t want to miss out on early bird savings that is only available until this December. So act fast and get your tickets now.
Below is the pricing chart for tickets to the 2017 D23 Expo.
Again this is a can’t miss experience for any Disney fan.
Images courtesy of Great Wolf Lodge
Southern California Great Wolf Lodge Grand Opening!
The Great Wolf Lodge here in Southern California will be open very soon! The Grand Opening is set for March 4th, but you can already book your stay now. I spoke about this amazing new vacation spot back in October when the announcement about its opening was made and now that day is here.
GWL is a vacation destination with themed rooms, activities like glow in the dark mini golf and mini spa, and of course it’s main feature the water park. Entrance to the water park along with character experiences are included with your stay. Oh and did I mention that it’s an indoor water park, so it doesn’t matter what crazy weather So-Cal is deciding to have as any date will be a waterpark day!
Let’s not forget that the GWL is in Orange County. That means it is close to Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm, and the beach. Also if your up for a drive down to San Diego there is the World Famous San Diego Zoo, the museums at Balboa Park, Sea World and towards Los Angeles there is Universal Studios Hollywood and many great museums as well.
Below is a link to save on your stay at GWL, be sure to book your vacation soon!
Great Wolf Lodge deals
Image courtesy of Toys’R’Us and Lego
NEXO KNIGHTS Quest at Toys’R’Us
Stop by your local Toys R’ Us store for a FREE Lego® mini build on Saturday February 20th! Come celebrate the new Lego® NEXO KNIGHTS by building and taking home a Sheild Dock.
Build is intended for children ages 5 and up. One FREE mini kit per child, must be present. Event starts promptly at 12pm and goes until 2pm (or until kits run out). Quantities are limited, no rain checks.
My family has attended a few Toys R’ Us Lego builds before and my kids have had a great time adding to their Lego collections. Attendees do line up at least 30 minutes before the events start time, so I do advise arriving early.
Have a blast building!
It’s already February can you believe it! It’s crazy how keeping extremely busy makes the time fly. With going to free events (like the ones posted on here ;) ) and play dates, story times and doing Girl Scout cookie sales I feel like there is hardly enough time in the day!
February is San Diego’s Museum Month! This is an wonderful opportunity to get the half off admission price to San Diego’s amazing museums. To receive the discounted admission is simple, just go to any San Diego Macy’s register and pick up your free Museum Month Pass. And the best part is even if you are not a San Diego resident you are still able to take advantage of the deal! The Macy’s in Temecula will also be carrying the Museum Pass. The pass lists all participating museums and their locations in San Diego county. You will receive half off one visit to each participating museum when you present your Museum Month Pass at the entrance/ticket windows. Museums are listed below along with links to their web pages so you can plan out your visit! Be sure to check out my posts of the museum’s that my family has visited, and you can also follow my Instagram and Twitter for live posts during my family’s trips.
Have a great museum month!
FREE Frozen Yogurt Day!
I can’t tell you how excited I am for this deliciously fun FREE event! Yogurtland and Menchies are both hosting FREE Frozen Yogurt Days in honor of NFYD (National Frozen Yogurt Day). Best part is Yogurtland and Menchies are hosting their events on separate dates. That means two days of tasty freebies! Last two years my daughter and I have attended Yogurtland’s freebie day (our yummy freebies pictured above) and I will say this arrive early! Lines form well before the events start time. This are not all day events, the events are held during a schedule time and there can be limitations on cup size, weight and toppings.
Stop by any Menchie’s on February 1st between 4pm to 7pm for your FREE tasty treat. Guests visiting for NFYD will be treated up to 6oz.’s for FREE. Click here to find your nearest Menchie’s location.
Stop by your local Yogurtland on February 8th between 4pm to 7pm for your FREE frozen yogurt. Fill the cup as their is no limit on your amount it just has to fit in the cup! Try the new flavors being offered right now in honor of Kung Fu Panda 3. And pick up the new collectable spoon that will be offered for a limited time. Click here to find your nearest Yogurtland.
Remember to sign up for both locations rewards programs. I have been using Yogurtland’s rewards program for sometime now and have enjoyed some great freebie treats from it.
Enjoy your yummy treats!