Since my Fireworks and Events post was so full of information I decided to do a separate post just for 4th of July happenings at Amusement Parks. So if you plan on visiting one of the many parks we have here in Southern California this weekend, here is a guide to the special celebrations happening at them.
- Disneyland & Disney California Adventure
A firework spectacular like no other inside Disneyland. Featuring two original songs: “Live the Magic” and “Kiss Goodnight”, Disneyland takes spectators on a timeless journey through Disney tales. *Due to the shows immense popularity the regular 4th of July fireworks will not be presented, but a patriotic finale will follow the show on July 4th.*
World of Color – Celebrate!
Help celebrate the United States 239th birthday with a special performance of the World of Color.
Military bands will be performing throughout the Disneyland Resort all weekend for more red, white, and blue entertainment.
- Knott’s Berry Farm
The park will be open for extended hours and will close out the night with a spectacular display of fireworks.
Knott’s Summer Entertainment
Knott’s has rolled out new summertime shows, Voyage to the Iron Reef 4-D ride and extended hours. There are 10 live shows going in this summer at the park, such as; Blockbuster Beagle, Vertical Impact, Vertical Imapact Geared Up, Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies, Big Fat Steve Band, Ghost Town Miners Bluegrass, Charlie Brown’s Happy Campers, and more. The fun is only on select days now until September 7th.
- Sea World
Sea to Shining Sea
A dazzling fireworks extravaganza celebration the 4th of July. The show begins at 10:30pm and can be viewed from Mission Bay. The park has extended hours as well.
Sea World is open later and the nighttime shows have returned. And on select nights Sea World’s ‘Celebrate the Wonder’ amazes with a firework finale.
Red, White and Boom!
Celebrate 4th of July with great family fun at Legoland’s Red, White and Boom! Attend dance parties, take part in Lego building competitions, listen to live entertainment or take part in lawn games in Miniland. End the night with a firework display for a memorable Independence Day.
- San Diego County Fair – A Fair to Remeber
4th of July at the Fair
Enjoy the final days of the San Diego County Fair. Enjoy the food, exhibits, rides and entertainment. Then end out the night with a traditional fireworks display, happening at 9pm.
Have a great weekend and enjoy the fireworks!
Posted in Summer Fun!
This Friday is of course 4th of July, which is a great day of celebration. So there are many events happening that day. I’ve compiled some great events being held this Friday that are either free or budget friendly. I know for my family we will be staying local that day due to an event my daughter is involved in. But I have friends and family in other areas so I tried to find the best information to help everyone. Of course I’ve included plenty of firework shows to catch!
- Star Spangled Parade – the parade begins at 10am and will run through Main St. in Old Town. This event is free and parking is available in the parking structure next to City Hall on Mercedes St. Arrive early to pitch up a great viewing spot!
- Fun and Fireworks at Ronald Reagan Sports Park – the fun starts at 2pm, there will be food vendors, booths, and a kids zone. There will be wristbands available for the Kids Fun Zone for $5 each. The wristband includes unlimited use of the infallible bounce area, games, prize wheel and face painting. The fun zone closes at 8pm. Fireworks Spectacular begins at 9pm sharp! Also the CRC pool will be open for public swim from 11am-3pm. *For more information visit temeculaevents.org*
- Trinity Lutheran Church Annual 4th Fest – Join Trinity Church for their annual 4th of July Fest. There will be a BBQ picnic, games, face painting, bounce house, inflatable slide, a scooter/bike parade and much much more. Oh and this is a free event! Stay and have a spectacular view of the fireworks at Ronald Reagan Sports Park. This event starts at 5pm for more information visit trinityisone.com
- Red, White and BOOM! at Legoland – Included with admission to the park, the Red, White and Boom event has activities to fill up your 4th of July. There will be games, a character dance party, Lego Friends photo opportunities, a stroller parade through mini land ~ decorate your stroller to participate on the parade and their will be a contest for best decorated! The Hullabaloo Band will be there with two performances in the evening and fireworks will go off at 8:30pm For more information visit legoland.com
- Escondido 51st Annual Independence Day Celebration and Fireworks – located at the California Center for the Arts in Escondido. There will be food vendors, entertainment, kids activities, and lots of family fun in the park. The 1st Marine Division Band of Camp Pendleton will be performing just before the fireworks which will go off at 9pm. For more information and directions click here at visitescondido.com
- Big Bay Boom – The Port of San Diego will light up during this fireworks extravaganza. The show begins promptly at 9pm. Bring your lawn chairs and a picnic and enjoy the show. Here are the suggested viewing locations:
- Shelter Island
- Harbor Island
- Seaport Village
- Marina District
- North Embarcadero
- Coronado Landing
*For more information visit bigbayboom.com Another great spot to view fireworks is in La Jolla Cove. There is plenty of park to picnic and enjoy your evening. And lastly why not go to the fair and spend a day on rides, playing games and eating fun food with fireworks to close out your fun filled fair day.*
- Corona Main Street Parade – the parade begins at 10am on Main Street and Ontario Ave. The celebration will then pick up again at 4pm at Santana Regional Park. The park will have entertainment, games, and food vendors. Ending with the fireworks show at 9pm.
- La Sierra Park and Mt. Rubidoux – presented by the City of Riverside parks and recreation both parks fireworks will begin at 9pm and will be in sync with KOLA 99.9 broadcast. For park directions visit riversideca.gov
Ok wow did this post get long but I just wanted to share as much information as possible. I want everyone to have a wonderful holiday. Enjoy the fireworks and have a lot of fun with your families!
*Here is a great link to anyone in the Orange County area it has tons of 4th of July events with links to all the information you may need. Ok ok this is it for this post :) *