Image courtesy of visitbuenapark.com
Anyone else in need of a getaway this summer? I know I am and that’s why I’m so excited to share about this giveaway by Visit Buena Park. Enter for a chance to win a Southern California Getaway that includes hotel stay, tickets to Knott’s Berry Farm, Knott’s Soak City, Pirate’s Dinner Adventure Medieval Times and more! While airfare and car rental/transportation is not included Visit Buena Park is covering all the rest with this amazing giveaway. Simply go yo visitbuenapark.com and fill out the form to receive a FREE 2017 Buena Park/Orange County travel guide and you are entered to win! The contest is open from May 3rd, 2017 until June 28th, 2017. This is open to those who are 18 years old or older and there is no purchase necessary.
Summer Getaway Contest Prize
- 5 Days/4 Nights Hotel Accommodations Including Breakfast (Buena Park, CA)
- 4 Tickets to Knott’s Berry Farm With 4 All Day Dinning Passes (Buena Park, CA)
- 4 Tickets to Knott’s Soak City Waterpark (Buena Park, CA) (Open May-September)
- 4 Tickets to Pirate’s Dinner Adventure (Buena Park, CA)
- 4 Tickets to Cirque Magique Brunch Show (Buena Park, CA)
- 4 Tickets to Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament (Buena Park, CA)
- $100 Gift Card and 4 Tickets to Big Air Trampoline Park (Buena Park, CA)
- 4 Buffet Passes and $10 Game Card to John’s Incredible Pizza (Buena Park, CA)
- 4 Whale Watching Passes from Newport Whales (Newport Beach, CA)
- 4 Tickets to the Aquarium of the Pacific (Long Beach, CA)
- $50 Rock & Brews Gift Card (Buena Park, CA)
- $50 Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant Gift Card (Buena Park, CA)
- South Coast Plaza Tote Bag with $100 Gift Card, VIP Lounge Access and Free Valet Parking (Costa Mesa,CA)
- BONUS: 4 Tickets to One Theme Park (Choose from: Disneyland®, Universal Studios® or SeaWorld®)
Don’t miss out on this amazing giveaway from Visit Buena Park and enter now! Go to visitbuenapark.com to submit your entry.
Image courtesy of Universal Studios
The Wizarding World has come to life in California!
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is now at Universal Studios Hollywood. The newest addition to the theme park opens April 7, 2016! The magic is here and we couldn’t be more excited. The new area will allow you to enter Hogsmeade and the shops there. The shop windows will have interactive displays for special wands that you are able to have select you in Ollivanders Wand Shop. Take a ride on your broomstick along with Harry on Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey. Or take to the skies with Buckbeak on Flight of the Hippogriff, a fun coaster for the whole family to enjoy. And don’t forget to enjoy some butterbeer!
The newest addition to Universal Studios Hollywood will have plenty to see and enjoy. Th shops will include Honeydukes, Owl Post, Wiseacres Wizarding Equipment, Dervish and Banges, Gladrags Wizardwear and Filch’s Emporium of Confiscated Goods. There will be plenty of magical items to find and try. Hogsmeade and the rides will transport you into the Wizarding World without the need of floo powder!
Be sure to check out this magical new area, but do watch out for the whomping willow!
All images courtesy of Universal Studios Hollywood
Hogsmeade to open Spring 2016!
Universal Studios Hollywood made a very big announcement today on their YouTube page about the upcoming attraction The Wizarding Worls of Harry Potter. The newest addition to the park is set to open Spring 2016. The land will feature many favorites of the books and movies, such as Honey Dukes, Zonkos, The Three Broomsticks and the Hog’s Head Pub. Hogsmeade will also include Ollivanders Wand Shop where guests can try out and find their perfect wand. Of course the main staple will be Hogwarts Castle. The Wizarding World will also bring two new rides to Universal Studios Hollywood; Flight of the Hippogriff rollercoaster and Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. The latter of which will be inside Hogwarts Castle. The Forbidden Journey will be an incredible updated version of the ride currently at the Orlando park featuring advanced 3D technology. The ride will put you in the middle of a Quidditch match where you fly alongside Harry Potter. Guests will be outfitted with Quidditch inspired 3D googles to truly enhance the experience. There will be something for all fans to enjoy in this newest addition to Universal Studios Hollywood. The announcement video can be seen below.
I am a huge fan of the Harry Potter series both the books and the films. My kids have also become fans recently, so we are all so very much excited for the chance to visit the World of Harry Potter. There is so much in the series that is relatable and encouraging which is way it has become such a success and worldwide phenomenon. When the Wizarding World opened in Orlando it was instantly a success (I honestly cannot wait to visit that park someday), as such it is sure to be the same with the Hollywood park’s. So for now until next spring “I solemnly swear that I am up to no good”.